Friday 2 January 2015

Company Research #1

As part of my business assignment I will be looking at Animation companies that have inspired me. Discussing which piece of work that inspired me the most and why. So it begins...

Walt Disney Animation Studio Films.



The animation studio for films was founded in 1923, way, way before my time and they are located in Burbank, CA. The studio is a film maker driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most best loving films ever made. They have produced films such as:

  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  • Cinderella 
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Jungle Book
  • Beauty and The Beast
  • The Lion King
  • Aladdin 
  • 101 Dalmatians
The list is endless, these are the films for me that are one of the best movies I have seen when I was growing up. That these are the films have been responsible for playing a massive role in inspiring me to want to be an animator in the future. I would sit there and watch Disney's movies all day long if I could and I would never get bored of watching them. The three animation films that were the ones that made it for me and they still do to this day. But this one is my all time favourite and that animated film is....

#1 - 101 Dalmatians (1961)



For me this is the one of the best films I've ever seen, not just because of the story but the style. The animation being exaggerated, the squash and stretch of the characters throughout this film. I find is just beautiful, that is all you need to know.




By just looking at these scenes that are taken from the film. Instantly these images show that the film is a warm relaxed and a family feel kind of a film that you are going to enjoy. I also like the style of the characters, tall and thin which they can stretch and exaggerate their poses which is brilliant when you see it. As well as stretching the poses of the characters. There are also stylized short and round characters which again they show a brilliant use of the squash technique throughout the film on one of the bad characters.

Also in this film they have all the fundamental animation techniques that are needed to produce an amazing piece of work. As you can see the amount of detailed work that has been put into this film really shows. This is the reasons why Disney is one of my favourite companies because they produce really good quality animation films and also they show that warm, family, fun feeling type of films.


No comments:

Post a Comment