Wednesday 18 March 2015

Inspiring CG trailers

Today I stumbled upon these great CG trailers which I found inspiring. Door Guardian Trailer (no subtitles in trailer) and The Leviathan Trailer Yes even though they are both completely different in style. That one is fully CG and the other one is Cg but mainly VFX type. The trailer for the Door Guardian looks pretty amazing!


                                                                  Door Guardian Trailer

                                                              
                                                               The Leviathan Trailer


The company Light Chaser Animation that are producing this feature film is dubbed as 'Pixar of the China'. The animation company is based in Beijing and was founded by Gary Wong in early March of 2013. On their website they explain that their 'goal is to create world-class animated films with a Chinese cultural touch' Which I find really exciting as at the moment in the industry the top animation companies for CG wise are Pixar, Disney, Blue Sky and Illumination Entertainment. (That audiences know of) It is nice to see that there is new animation company from a different country that are going to create and give the big animation companies a challenge. It is also nice to read that they wanted to create animated films with a touch of Chinese culture, which I thought was an interesting thing to read.



I also found this trailer really exciting is because of the style of animation. It is so exaggerated, even though there are only a few shots of some of the characters throughout the trailer. You can see the quality of the characters are close to what Pixar and Disney would produce. I think the main reason (personally) why I am excited for this animated film is because of the touch of Chinese culture that will be shown in this film. It will give an idea/insight in what the Chinese culture is.




The other animation is more VFX based and even though it is a pitch rather than a feature trailer/film. It still looks pretty amazing! Even though it is not fully CG animated. I have an interest in one day working on live VFX feature pieces in the future as well as working on fully CG feature films. I am a massive fan of futuristic and fantasy creature films. Even though I don't have enough knowledge in VFX, I would like to one day be able to work in both CG animation and live VFX films. It's pieces of work like these that I come across everyday, in which I use to help inspire and motivate me with my work.

















No comments:

Post a Comment